Water Effect

Decorating By wardshar Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 11:41pm by sweetcravings

wardshar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wardshar Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

I am planning on making a swimming pool cake. Any ideas on how I make the water look abit more interesting than just using sugar paste? Thanks

4 replies
KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 5

I use piping gel with just a little blue gel color - it looks great!

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 5

I have made my water out of sugar.. like one big sucker. I just use a sucker recipe and pour out the size of the water I need onto my marble board to cool. Just before it cools completely I have bent it different directions to get a spill over look. I have a picture in my gallery of a wedding cake that I did with the hard candy water effect. I made white caps on the water using RI, but you could use BC if you wanted. The bride loved it and the children at the wedding had no objections to sharing the candy. HTH

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 5

I used the piping gel on my swimming pool cake. I experienced a few problems with it. If you look at my swimming pool cake, where the lounger-float thing is, you can see where I had to fix the breakage...you can also see where the fondant melted a little into the gel. Overall, though, it worked nicely.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 5

I've done a waterfall cake..iced in buttercream...made it roughly iced and kinda wavy looking and then applied tinted blue piping gel. Works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%