Reference Material

Business By sugarn-n-spice Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm by FlowerGirlMN

sugarn-n-spice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarn-n-spice Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 8

What do you guys use for reference material? Do you just use the forums? Books? I am more of a magazine kind of girl. I look forward to them each month. Do you know of any that are dedicated to cake decorators?

7 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 8

I use all sorts of reference materials - Internet, trade magazines, books, television you name it! It all just depends on what I am looking for.

sugarn-n-spice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarn-n-spice Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 8

What trade magazines do you read? I haven't been able to find any

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 8

I read trade magazine like Mailbox News,American cake decorating,Pastry magazines, internet,books, and tv.

sugarchicone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarchicone Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 8

www.americancakedecorating.com (every other month magazine)
also on that site there is mailbox news magazine that you can order(everyother month).

Personally I like American Cake better because it has featured projects that teach you decorating techniques in fondant and buttercream.

Mailbox News has decorated cakes by pros. and amatures for cake decorating ideas. You can submit your own photos and possibly be featured in it.

Hope this helps you out.

sugarchicone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarchicone Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 8

www.americancakedecorating.com (every other month magazine)
also on that site there is mailbox news magazine that you can order(everyother month).

Personally I like American Cake better because it has featured projects that teach you decorating techniques in fondant and buttercream.

Mailbox News has decorated cakes by pros. and amatures for cake decorating ideas. You can submit your own photos and possibly be featured in it.

Hope this helps you out.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 8

Some of the trade magazine I get are "Special Events" "Modern Baking" and most recently "PROMO".

I am very much about building a brand and expanding into more than just cakes - I'm thinking PR, special events, catering, etc... I have my degree in Communication and would ultimately love to combine the two.

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 8

Barnes and Noble carries "Wedding Cakes" magazine out of the UK. Usually have a couple hundred pics in there, and probably all fondant. Good if you're on the less traditional side of things, I love it. (Have had my work in there 3 or 4 times now,too!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%