1St Birthday Cake

Decorating By ProudArmyWife22 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 12:55pm by SweetOccasionCakes

ProudArmyWife22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ProudArmyWife22 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:23am
post #1 of 5

Our son will be turning 1 in November and I need some ideas for a first birthday cake. I am going to have someone make it for me. I am not that creative lol.

Anyways, I am in need of some pictures of 1st birthday cakes. I will be needing a bigger cake, we are expecting about 40-50 people.

I am wanting to copy the pictures and show the pics to them.

So please any pics that you think will work, please let me know. I will thank you so much.

The theme of his party is 1st birthday theme with blue. Everything says 1st birthday on it in a baby blue.

4 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:46am
post #2 of 5

What is your theme gonna be? Do you have any colors in particular you are wanting to use?

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:59am
post #3 of 5

Why don't you click on "galleries" and go into Children's birthday cakes and look around there. There are literally hundreds of ideas for birthday cakes

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:17am
post #4 of 5

I agree! Check out the suggested gallery (here's a link since you are new here http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=60 ) and see what tickles your fancy! If you decide there is something specific you would like to see on your cake, like cars or trains or sea creatures (etc.) the gallery has a Search feature where you can type in a keyword to narrow down the results. If you only know "blue" well you can always type that in too and see what turns up (although I don't know if many people flag their cakes with that keyword...maybe "boy" would give you better results...just some thoughts.)

Good luck!

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 5

We used the same theme for my youngest sons first b-day only we had that and stars. I used the pinata as my inspiration and did a number one as my cake with his name across the bottom. It turned out great! HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%