Pengi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pengi Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 10

To use for both frosting and piping?

9 replies
SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:13am
post #2 of 10

*waves hand frantically in the air* me! me! Mine works for both and is very tasty icon_smile.gif

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:18am
post #3 of 10

I love Sugarshacks recipe for frosting. I have to adjust it by adding corn syrup and water for piping.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:27am
post #4 of 10

I honestly love the Crusting Buttercream because it has that nice buttery flavor and its not too greasy. But I use salted butter so its not too sweet. When i make it i have to hide it from my family because they eat it by the spoonfuls.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:39am
post #5 of 10

Pick me! Pick me!! Pick me!!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

I've used this icing for 25 years for icing, piping, making roses, doing stringwork .... for everything. I have no need for RI or any other kind of icing. It crusts well, never melts even when sitting outside in 90+ degree heat in August.

Melissa0567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa0567 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:41am
post #6 of 10

Well, today I tried half butter and half shortening. Mistake. The taste was great but it did not hold up like the call shortening bc. Today I made a cake for my mothers bday. when I started frosting the cake the icing was too thin, and I followed the recipe exactly, so I had to start adding p.sugar to it. My roses still were horrible. Anyway, I on my way to my moms with the cake and about 10 minutes in the car the icing starts falling off the cake, the rose buds were falling off the side and the top border was falling off. I had the ac on high and it still melted. I loved the start much better but was very dissapointed with the overall outcome. Thank goodness it was for my mom, she loved it anyway. So I'm still looking for the purfect bc. any suggestions.

Melissa

Melissa0567 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:48am
post #7 of 10

Indydeb, I saw your recipe, do you refridgerate the leftovers or can you leave it out?

Thanks,
Melissa

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:01am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa0567

Indydeb, I saw your recipe, do you refridgerate the leftovers or can you leave it out?

Thanks,
Melissa

I never refrigerate it. I leave this icing in an acrylic covered container on my counter for days and up to 2-3 weeks. It might last longer, but I usually use it up by then.

Melissa0567 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 3:40am
post #9 of 10

Thanks Indydebi, I'm gonna try your recipe this week.
Melissa

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 6:42am
post #10 of 10

I have to add a vote for Indy's recipe, it comes out perfect for me and I swear by it now. I have uses it on all of my cakes since finding it and will never go back. When I made the chocolate version I seriously had to run water in the leftovers so we would stop eating it icon_razz.gif I make it according to her recipe and I've also done it with part butter for other than 3d cakes, I try different flavors all the time and it adjusts great. Let me tell you she deserves a prize it crusts perfectly, holds up in the heat and is yummy!! Thanks again Indy! Andrea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%