Split Buttercream Please Help!!!!

Decorating By tiamariad Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 7:06pm by Deb_

tiamariad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiamariad Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 7

I really don't know why I try and make buttercream as everytime I make it it goes wrong and here we are again.

Is there anything I can do to bring my buttercream back together, i'm quite quickly loosing the will to live!!!!!!!

Please help!!!!!

6 replies
tiamariad Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 7

Pretty Please can't anyone help me?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 7

It might help to post the recipe you use? Also what do you mean by split ??

xfilepunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xfilepunk Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 7

did you try adding more conf. sugar? that usually stiffens it up. Is that the problem? it won't hold its shape?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 7

Is it cracked on the cake? Is it separating in the bowl?

We don't know exactly what your problem is.

tiamariad Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 7

It's separating in the bowl icon_cry.gif I've used sugarshacks recipe with the exception of the coffee creamer. I've tried adding more sugar and meringue powder but it isn't happening, I think the buttercream fairy is against me as I can never make buttercream no matter how hard I try!! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 7

Well, if you didn't use the creamer than that is not Sugarshacks recipe. You need to follow her recipe and directions exactly. Do you mix in a KA mixer or hand mixer. She uses the KA on a low speed. If it's separating my guess is you used plain water and didn't mix it long enough. Try following her recipe exactly and see if you have better results.

The secret to success with any BC recipe in my opinion is the mixing method and than the ingredients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%