Help Broody/clucky Husband!

Lounge By banba Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 9:30pm by imagine76

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:06am
post #1 of 4

Is this the plight of women or what?

We have 2 children already aged 10 and 4. I seem to be struggling with this on and off every couple of weeks lately, will we won't we have one more baby?

Then dh gets clucky and that sets me off for about a day or two and then I change my mind again.

I seem to be so torn about maybe having another baby. We finally have our home and we can afford now for me to stay at home.

I am enjoying being with the kids and exploring my hobbies and intrests. I don't know if I want to give that up now as having another baby would certainly lessen my "me" time for a few years. But then some days I yearn for a new baby!

Help am I alone on this or is this something I am going to have to live with until nature puts a stop to my clock!

I call it the "struggle within". Some days this drives me crazy!

3 replies
imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

i have terrible baby fever. my youngest is 2 and a half. i see babies every where i go. BUT- we have our youngest just about finished potty training and i think my husband is regressing so i guess i am done. it's as though i do have 4 kids when he's being that way. we cannot afford another child and don't have anywhere to put one in this wreck of a house anyway so i guess i'd better let go of the idea icon_rolleyes.gif . i'll just snuggle everyone else's babies!

i don't know what "clucky" means though. could you explain that one for me?

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry imagine76 I was away from the pc and just seeing your reply now.

Clucky means having a yearning for a newborn, you called it baby fever.

I used to think it was just us women that it happened to but it does happen to men as lately my hubby is clucky.

He would have another baby in a heartbeat but well why wouldn't he seeing as how it's poor old mummy that suffers all the growing pains!

I can think of a million reasons why now is not a good time for eg. no room or can't really afford another baby or I want to pursue my own hobbies etc. but it still doesn't stop the yearning every now and then.

That's what I find hard and knowing that I don't think it will go until I either have another baby or wait for my biological clock to stop ticking!

Hugging other peoples little babies makes me worse but I guess until I can decide what to do it will have to be enough for me too right now!

I am almost 34 so I guess it's just my old clock kicking in.Just wondered do other women feel this way sometimes!

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

well, i can say then that my husband is never clucky. i know that a lot of women i know are. it's very common. i had a friend that i worked with that always wanted another when the last stopped nursing. i think her husband got a vasectomy after she had #4. now she's talking adoption! icon_lol.gif
you still have a few more years to think about it. i do agree though, that most of the responsibility (certainly in my house) lies with the mama. on one hand i'd love a tiny bundle to snuggle and on the other wiping their own behinds and tying their own shoes sounds pretty good too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%