Wired Decorations In Cakes

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 1:59pm by summernoelle

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 5

I am entering OSSAS next week, and of course they have the rule where you can't just stick a wired decoration in a cake. I heard that you can use Celpicks, but I think that will be too large for what I am wanting.
Does anyone know if I can use the little coffee straws? The teeny tiny little red ones? Stick those in the cake, and then the wires?
Thank you!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 5

That's what I would use. Just be sure it doesn't showicon_smile.gif And..........GOOD LUCK!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 4:16am
post #3 of 5

As far as I know only celpicks are allowed. I would just email Kerry and ask her direct. She answers all my emails right away. You could even call her. I spoke with her a couple of weeks ago icon_smile.gif
Anything stuck in is considered a physical hazard.

summernoelle Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 5

OK, thanks guys! I hope I can make this work...I'm worried that they celpicks are 1. Too big to hold my decorations and 2. Will be ugly.

Thanks again for the advice!

summernoelle Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 5

Whoa were you right, moydear! I wrote her about 5 minutes ago and she immediately responded. Awesome!
She said I can use the straws, but that I need to seal off the end by heating it. They said that the reason you do that is that the wire go could into the cake and someone could eat it-scary!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%