Someone In The Snow Making A Snow Angel

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 5:37pm by UltimateCakes

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 4

Need some help alot of help. I have to make a cake for a woman at work whos bday is tomorrow. About 3 years ago at our company Christmas party she walked out of the banquet facility and decided she wanted to make a snow angel, (she had a little too much to drink) The guys at work wanted me to make a cake something with a snowangel. The only thing is she made the snow angel face first into the snow. It was quite funny but thank god she didnt get hurt. Anyone have any ideas on how to make a snow angel in buttercream??

3 replies
angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:16am
post #2 of 4

Anybody?

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:36am
post #3 of 4

No idea how to do it in buttercream, but you can make sugar snow to put on top of the cake and fashion the snow angel shape on that?

If you used something with texture to make the basic shape in the icing/snow it would look like the drag lines of a person waving their arms up and down. (Does that make sense?) icon_smile.gif

I would lightly draw a stick person shape with a toothpick and then use the textured item (cardboard, scraper, spatula) to make the swoops from the arms and legs, then in the center to fill out the body.

I can see it in my head, but I bet I am not explaining it well. Sounds like a darn cute idea though!

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 4

I'd use a cookie cutter for a rough idea of snow angel shape. I wonder if chopped coconut would help add a "snow" effect to the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%