Cookie Bouquets...where Do I Begin Sticking The Stick???

Baking By aa053103 Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 12:06pm by gingersoave

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 7

I'm pretty sure there is a topic out there like this but there are so many to look through that I couldn't find what I was looking for. I want to do a cookie bouquet but I was wondering when and how do I stick the cookie stick onto the cookie:

Before the cookie is baked?
On top of the cookie before its baked?
Place the stick on the cookie sheet and then the unbaked cookie on top?
After the cookie is baked?

I hope I make sense. I saw someone post here that after the cookie is baked, sometimes the stick comes out and they put a little RI and stick the stick back in the hole. I also saw someone else glue the stick on the outside of bag.

I just want to know what would be the best way for 1st timer like me to do a cookie bouquest. I appreciate your help in advance.

Ana

6 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Ana
We all do it differently. Its one of those things that you have to try and see what works best for you. I "glue" them onto the back of the cookie with Royal Icing. But all of the ways you mentioned are used by CCers.

aa053103 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 1:29am
post #3 of 7

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:03am
post #4 of 7

I am one that likes to put the stick in a minute or two after they are out of the oven. This allows me to cook more cookies at once and then as the cookie cools it shrinks around the stick and I don't have any problems with them moving.

aa053103 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:49am
post #5 of 7

OK, I ended up just putting RI on the back the cookies and it worked well. Only 2 broke off so I will have to fix it before I deliver tomorrow. Other than that, they came out. Here's a picture. Thanks for all your help.

Ana
LL

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 11:56am
post #6 of 7

I always lay the stick on the cookie sheet, place the cut-out on top, then gently press the dough around the stick. Bake. I've never had one come off....yet.

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 7

I attach the lollipop stick after it is baked with melted chocolate. It stays WAY better than baking the stick into the cookie IMHO.

good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%