I Don't Think I Can Ever Go Back...

Decorating By ThreeDGirlie Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 12:10am by GenGen

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:02am
post #31 of 33

I make IMBC and of course it has all butter in it. I tell my brides that it is an off white color and if they really want a "white" color they would have to substitute flavor for the "look". Once I tell them that they all prefer to go with flavor.

At the tastings the brides think it's a white buttercream...they hardly notice it's not really white.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:05am
post #32 of 33

I love Whimsical Bakehouse's "House Buttercream". I just discovered the recipe, after using the Wilton recipe for years. The House Buttercream is soft, fluffy and delicious. I didn't use it for piping, but I think they did in the WBH cookbook.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:10am
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by abslu

I love the buttercream dream recipe, it uses 1 stick salted, 1 stick unsalted, one cup crisco, milk and vanilla. For me it has the perfect balance of butter taste and vanilla. It smells like a wedding cake when I'm mixing it up. I use it for everything!! I tried the Wilton recipe when I took one of the classes, but I hated the greasy taste.

its just like wiltons only with an extra stick of butter however it does sound interesting i may try it sometime. thanks for the note icon_smile.gif

for those that use all butter in their recipes and still wish to achieve a White shade don't forget there is that liquid white coloring Wilton has. not sure what other companies carry it but i do keep a bottle of the white around for such occasions or when i over tint a batch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%