Other Types Of Contracts

Business By tcbalgord Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 12:14pm by tcbalgord

tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 6

Well I have finally got my "wedding" cake contract all set..after many hours of searching the forums and combing the do's and don'ts.

My question is.....do you use a contract for all your other (cup)cake types? If so what differences do you have between it and your wedding one?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 6

I have two as of right now. One for weddings and one for parties. My wedding one goes WAY more in depth. Since wedding cakes are usually tiered, I break the cake down by tiers and leave plenty of room for each one. I also have a section for groom's cake incase they want one of those too. It includes a break down section for gumpaste flowers, places for contact info (wedding planner, florist, reception hall, etc.). a place for fabric swatches, pics of toppers, all that good stuff. My party one is much more basic. It has room for the obvious (flavors, fillings, icing, etc.) plus room to do a quick sketch of a design. I find that customers are more flexible when it comes to party designs. Whereas a wedding cake has to be more precise. Brides usually know EXACTLY what they want! I break it down the way I do so that if budget comes into play, it is much easier to trim off some cost. HTH

Teresa

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 6

What you are calling a contract, I am calling an order form.

I have a contract ... and I have an order form. The order form is the details of the cake order .. no matter what kind of cake it is. The contract is the rules of the game.

tcbalgord Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:58am
post #4 of 6

Indydebi,

That makes sense; do you have the customer sign the order form too?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 6

No. The last line of the Terms of Agreement states that the contract and the food/cake order forms constitute the contractual agreement.

tcbalgord Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Now I can hunt for a shop!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%