Advice On This Design

Decorating By lauralee422 Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

lauralee422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralee422 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 11

HI ALL, Does anyone have advice on how to get this artwork on to the side of a cake? I was thinking maybe poking holes into parchment and using the indents to make a trace on the cake, but just wondering if anyone had any better ideas? This has to be on the sides of a 14", 12", 10" and 8" so I was hoping the easier the better. As usual, THANK YOU!!

10 replies
armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 11

Do you have an airbrush? Maybe try making a stencil and just airbrushing the design on. That's a lot of detail for the parchment poke transfer. I know I would end up screwing it up!! Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

Teresa

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 11

I would get some stencil blanks, trace this onto it, then cut with an exacto. From there you can paint, airbrush, use royal icing, trace it then pipe in, etc. etc.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 11

I vote for stensiling.

you could also print it and lay parchment over and pipe it with RI using an outline and then flooding.

the downside is that you will probably break a few so make extras.

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 11

The easiest way to handle it would be to apply royal icing or airbrush and use a stencil.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 11

This looks like a stencil.

but where do you get stencil blanks??

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 11

Here is a link to a cake I did with a similar design. The stenciled design is very similar to what you are looking for. If you like it , I dont mind purchasing it for you (its really cheap) and sending it to you. Just let me know.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1015683

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:46pm
post #8 of 11

You can get stencil blanks at just about any craft store usually where the other stencils are located.

Teresa

jadex77x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadex77x Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:48pm
post #9 of 11

im just a newbie on here and what works for some may not work for others but what "I" would do is .... a little photoshop work and have it printed on edible paper then i would cut it out using an exacto knife (just follow the lines...) then add it to the sides of the cake.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywifebryan

You can get stencil blanks at just about any craft store usually where the other stencils are located.

Teresa

thanx

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 11

I would actually just pipe it on - I hate working with stencils - especially on buttercream. Good Luck with the design - be sure to post your finished product - I think it will look great when you've finished!

Tammi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%