Has Anyone Created A 3D Mallard Duck Before?

Decorating By meretoad2004 Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 11:07pm by meretoad2004

meretoad2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meretoad2004 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 3

I had a lady ask me last night if I was able to create a 3-D Mallard duck for her granddaughter's wedding. She saw the Razorback that I did and was just blown away. She said that her soon to be grandson in law really wanted a "duck hunting" theme for the groom's table.

Has anyone ever created a 3-D mallard before? If so, could I get a little bit of guidance and help with this? Anything would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! By the way, Cake Central rocks!!!

2 replies
chovest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chovest Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 3

I haven't personally, but I saw these great photos and how-to in a forum post the other day. It is actually for a Lion King cake, but a similar method of using cake and rice kripsie treats could be used. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-602848-introduce.html

The Dumbo on my avatar picture was made from RKT. I'm sure you could do the duck's neck and head from them, and the body in cake.

meretoad2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meretoad2004 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 3

thanks chovest... i had thought about doing the head in neck in rkt and your response just reconfirmed it... i will be tinkering with it between now and the time of the wedding.. i will keep you posted to see how it goes... thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%