Is There Any Tutorials On Using Choc Transfers

Decorating By luvhavinbgtwins Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 11:52pm by redpanda

luvhavinbgtwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvhavinbgtwins Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 6

Is there any tutorials on useing choc transfers of any kind, I have seen them on here but have no idea how from what to use or even how to do it and esp how to move it to the cake..... I might want to try and do this but I have no idea, I been looking today, maybe I am just over looking it...

Thanks

5 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvhavinbgtwins Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you but I dont know if I could do something like that......

redpanda Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 6

Start with small, simple ones with just a couple of colors, and I'm sure you'll do fine. The martial arts studio logo in my gallery was my first chocolate transfer. It wasn't perfect, but it definitely wowed lots of people. (and it was neither small nor simple, because of the design I used)

I say that you have nothing to lose if you try it. The worst that happens is you eat your mistakes. : )

I use Candy Melts usually, because they're easier than tempering regular chocolate.

luvhavinbgtwins Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 6

That was your 1st....that looked really good. What I am trying to do is a transformers logo I think.

How soon can you make ahead of time. cuz if that doesnt work I might just do fondant logo.... My son whants transformers...and I dont think I could do a whole transformer so I thought the logo would be the easiest.

redpanda Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 6

I did mine a week ahead, and just kept it in a cool place (not in the fridge). I think you could even do it a couple of weeks ahead.

One piece of advice I have for you is to make more than one. That way, you have a spare, in case you break the first one (or somebody samples it!). Also, I find that I learn little tricks specific to the design when I do the first one, that allows me to do better on the second.

I never seem to have trouble finding willing volunteers to take my "rejects".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%