Hat

Decorating By lindseyelaine Updated 12 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm by CakeWhizz

lindseyelaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindseyelaine Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 3

I just started figure modeling, and i was wondering what the best way to put a hat on a figure is.

Thanks!

2 replies
deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 3

hmm it really depends on the hat. I personaly fit it straight to the haead instead of hair then put the hair around the exposed area after or if it is a large hat that may flop before dry i make sepeerately dry then heat a small wire and insert in top of head then cover area with fondant glue heat the top of wire and place hat on. heated wire will keep het in place until fondant glue can dry. hope this helped

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adatay

hmm it really depends on the hat. I personaly fit it straight to the haead instead of hair then put the hair around the exposed area after or if it is a large hat that may flop before dry i make sepeerately dry then heat a small wire and insert in top of head then cover area with fondant glue heat the top of wire and place hat on. heated wire will keep het in place until fondant glue can dry. hope this helped

I completely agree and if you don't have fondant glue a little royal icing will also be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%