Alice's Cookie Icing Vs. Antonia's Vs. Toba's

Baking By calicopurr Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 1:26pm by lardbutt

calicopurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicopurr Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #1 of 3

Do you use Alice's Cookie Icing for your cookies and if so, how long does it take to dry?
I am new to icing cookies and so far I have used Antonia74's icing and have had good luck with it. Although I'm pretty happy with it, I wonder if I'm missing anything by not trying other recipes like Alice's which has been rated with all the stars it could possibly get. The one thing I see is that it has butter in it and it's going to take more time to dry. I wonder if there is not much difference in the drying time compared to Antonia's and if the taste is well worth the extra time? If it's just a couple of hours, then this would be my next one to try. I've even considered Toba's Glaze if it's just a few hours to wait.

I saw a post about wanting the icing to appear shiny. No one but myself answered so far because I'm not sure there is such a thing as a shiny fast drying icing. If there is, I'm sure we'd all like to know. I've seen corn syrup, glycerin and butter as well as shortening added to the cookie icings and wonder if of these would work. Any advice?
Thanks for reading.

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:05am
post #2 of 3

Everything you ever wanted to know about decorated cookies:
(Has cookie and frosting recipes and comparisons and MUCH more.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-230831-.html

HTH

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Everything you ever wanted to know about decorated cookies:
(Has cookie and frosting recipes and comparisons and MUCH more.)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-230831-.html

HTH

Thank you JanH, that was alot of infomation! It was a great help to me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%