Am I Good Enough

Business By skaggs1 Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 3:07am by Wesha

skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 6

i was wondering if you all could look at my photo's and tell me if you think I am ready to sell cakes.

Thanks in advance!!1

5 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 6

Absolutely~ looks like you have a good variety of things you have already made to show potential clients...sheets and stacked, wedding...general party cakes! Looks like you have a good selection of pans to work with too!

If folks have started to ask you to do cakes for them....they are the best "judge" of the situation as they have probably already seen and tasted your work or have friends or family that have and liked your work well enough to recommend you. Let your clients be the judge 'if your good enough'.

coffeechick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeechick Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 6

you are absolutley ready! I agree if people are asking you to do cakes for them your are ready to start selling them. People pass the word once they find a good home baker. Always reinvest in supplies and learning different techniques and you will go a long way.

Good Luck

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6

Your cakes look awesome. I definitely think that you are ready to sell cakes. I still am not confidant in my skills, but if someone knows me and my work want me to make them something, I gladly do it. (and quietly freak out that I'm doing everything wrong! lol )

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 6

Absolutely.

Start out taking orders that you are comfortable with - as you start taking more and more orders your confidence level in yourself along with skill and speed will build up.

Good luck!!!

Wesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wesha Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:07am
post #6 of 6

yes, you are definitely ready to start taking orders. Your cakes are great. Keep up the good work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%