Whimsical Bakehouse Cookies N Cream Filling

Baking By ElgolSkye Updated 14 Sep 2008 , 1:43pm by fiddlesticks

ElgolSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElgolSkye Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 12:12am
post #1 of 14

Can anyone please help me find the Whimsical Bakehouse Cookies n cream filling recipe. Someone borrowed by book and never returned it. Thanks

13 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 14

Isn't this stuff the best?

Whimsical Bakehouse Cookies and Cream

In the bowl of an electric mixer at high speed, whip until stiff:

2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Gently fold in:

20 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, crushed into medium pieces.

Yield: 6 cups

ElgolSkye Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 14

Thanks so much, I have never made it before. I never even got time to look at the book properly and my book is now gone. I must invest in another one, because I don't think I will see it again! Thank you so much anyhow.

Do you mean cream as in dairy cream, e.g double cream? Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to cake decorating.

ElgolSkye Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 14

Thanks so much, I have never made it before. I never even got time to look at the book properly and my book is now gone. I must invest in another one, because I don't think I will see it again! Thank you so much anyhow.

Do you mean cream as in dairy cream, e.g double cream? Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to cake decorating.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 14

After hearing so much about it on Cake Central - I bought the book and was surprised to see it was just a whipped cream filling.

Does it hold layers up OK? or weep-out like whipped cream does.

I'm afraid to try it....

scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 14

I'd like to know about the crushed cookies. Do you scape out the filling or do you include it in the recipe?

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 14

I used it on a three layer cake and it held up fine(refrigerated of course)It's so yummy!!!! HTH

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm
post #8 of 14

I just crush the cookies, fillings and all. We actually just made this with the chocolate stuffed oreos and chocolate whipped cream. It was sooooooo good.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 14

I love it! It's so gosh darn yummy!

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #10 of 14

Just make sure it stays refrigerated, and it will hold up fine. thumbs_up.gif It's also great mixed with white cake for cake balls. Mmmm.... icon_biggrin.gif

pinkalicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkalicious Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 4:35am
post #11 of 14

Just wondering what the best kind of cake is to use with this filling??? White...chocolate...? Never used this one before, still kinda new to all this!

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 5:04am
post #12 of 14

Do you just have to keep refrigerated until you use it, or do you have to keep the cake refrigerated too?

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 7:05am
post #13 of 14

I don't know about anyone else, or if you have to...but I refrigerate it. I also like to use Whip It stabilizer if its a big cake.
I usually use it with chocolate cake. I did a great cake once that was a chocolate cake, ganache, white cake, the WBH Cookies & Cream filling, another layer of white, ganache, and then another of chocolate cake. Everyone raved over that one.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Sep 2008 , 1:43pm
post #14 of 14

I like it with choc cake, cookies n cream filling , choc buttercream iced and then ganache poured over the top ! Or you make the cookies n cream filling get a big spoon and just eat it out of the bowl !SOO Good !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%