Rich's Bettercream ?

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm by Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:39am
post #1 of 5

Will rich's bettercream keep in the trunk of a car for a 4 hour drive?

I am driving to have a graduation party for my son. I would like to make chocolate cupcakes with chocolate rich's bettercream.

A) can I decorate the cupcakes with a swirl and have it hold their shape in the trunk of my car

or should I

B) If I whip it up the night before and place in bowl, could put on ice in car and then swirl cupcakes just before party. Won't be able to rewip, maybe with spoon but thats it.

Not real sure I can fit all cupcakes in frig but can try. Can't remember I thought someone said, once whipped can leave Rich's better cream out at room temp. (which in my house is 80 degrees)

thanks for the help

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:58am
post #2 of 5

Here are the handling instructions for Rich's Bettercreme (Ready to Use) but should be the same for the liquid (after whipping):

http://tinyurl.com/yt4eyu

HTH

riotgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riotgrrl Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 5

i buy this product for the ice cream store i manage for our ice cream cakes. i defintely would not leave this product in your trunk for 4 hours without putting it on ice. we use the ready to use rich's bettercreme and if it is frozen if we leave it out for more than a half hour it is all wet and not good to decorate with.

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 5

What about putting some dry ice around the cupcakes in the trunk. It isnât too expensive and it will keep them plenty cool while traveling.

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 5

You can get dry ice in blocks, slabs, snow, and pellets.
Be careful if you do use it, and make sure you use gloves while handling. It can cause frostbite quickly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%