Cake Filling

Decorating By patswifey Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 5:01pm by MacsMom

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 4

Help!! I am making a cake for my friends shower and she has requested 2 different fillings for her cake. One filling is made with coolwhip and jello and the other is whipping cream, coco and strawberry.....
my question is will these go bad if the shower is sunday and I bake them today(fri) and decorate sat....putting them in my fridge is not an option d/t moisture ...... or should I just hold off to decorating on sat night and would it be okay until sun afternoon?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 4

As long as you refrigerate the cake there should not be a problem . What is your concern w/moisture? Is the cake covered in fondant? There should not be a problem w/that. Just don't touch the cake for several hrs until it comes to room temp.
Have gp flowers? Any way to keep those decos off until delivery?
When using whipping cream &/or Coolwhip the out of frig time element is 4 hrs ... including the time spent working on it & display time before serving.

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 4

The moisture issue I am having it that when I open my fridge, it looks like its been raining!! icon_cry.gif This has been a recent problem that I haven't been able to figure out, it has ruined many a carton of eggs!! I am sure it would destroy a cake..... LOL Thanks for the suggestion and the help!!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 4

Put it in the fridge with a cover over it. I always put my fondant cakes in the fridge.

You can use Bettercreme, Pastry Pride or Frostin Pride instead of Cool Whip. It would be fine to leave it out as those are all designed to be stable at room temp for up to 5 days. (As long as the JellO doesn't have the water pre-mixed into it icon_surprised.gif ).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%