Pearl Necklace - Please Help

Decorating By laxgal00 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm by laxgal00

laxgal00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laxgal00 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 4

greetings. i have to make a pearl necklace that is 365 beads long and have them attached together as flawlessly as possible. i have the pearl maker and can make the chain (which i have already tried) in 20 bead incriments, but once the sections are pieced together i am not really pleased with the way it looks. the necklace is for a showpiece cake so i was curious about options for making them individually, but how do i get them to stick together in a freestanding environment, like a real chain and stand up to transportation. the only other times i have needed to make pearls, was to put actually on a cake as decorations, etc. i have methods to make the pearls (the pressmold, hand and earlene's method) - but if anyone has anything else, please let me know.

3 replies
gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 4

Not sure of the effect you are trying to achieve, but have you thought about making them and actually stirnging them together with clear thread?

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 4

In one of Colette's books, she rolled out the pearls using gumpaste and after they had dried for a bit, she threaded them through very thin nylon thread (I think?).

laxgal00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laxgal00 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 4

i want to make a chain to set on a board, loose like real jewlery, not like wrapped around a cake. i thought about threading them - is that acceptable for a competition?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%