New Cake Pan---Help

Decorating By Moeylynne Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 1:38pm by gr8_seamstress

Moeylynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moeylynne Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 10:28am
post #1 of 3

This is my first post. I have really enjoyed this site and all the ideas and tips from everyone! Thank you all for sharing! Here is my problem: I am fairly new to cake decorating. I purchased a sheet cake pan from my local cake/candy supply store. I have used the pan about 6 or so times. Each time, the cake sticks to the pan. It is always in the exact same spot. Before I pour the batter in the pan, I put Crisco all over the pan and then put flour over that and then I shake off the excess flour. When the cake comes out of the oven, I turned it over on the cake board and each time, the in the center, the cake sticks to the pan, leaving my cake with a rather large hole in it. Can anyone please give me some advise on what I am doing wrong? Thank you! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:10am
post #2 of 3

Hi there, I use to do the same method you have mentioned before. But I don't do it any more. What I do now is that I grease the pan and then line it with grease proof paper. When it comes out of the oven, I let it cool for 10-15 minutes and then turn it over to a cooling rack. Then let it cool completley.

HTH.

gr8_seamstress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8_seamstress Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 3

I line the bottom of my pans with wax paper. You can grease the sides or not. If you do not grease the side of the pan, simply run a spatula around the sides and turn out. Then peel off the wax paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%