Cake For A Memorial Service For A Baby

Decorating By illini89 Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm by jammjenks

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 11

Help,
I have been asked to help cater a reception for a memorial. The baby was still born. Would like to do something simple but yet fitting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
thanks
n

10 replies
SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 11

maybe a white sheet cake with white cornelli lace, and the families last name initial in the center in blue or pink? I am not wanting to be in your shoes... but good luck... I know it must be tough.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 11

how heart breaking.
you could do a nice saying like "in His hands"
or a scripture verse

allydav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allydav Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 11

The family will likely not even see the cake. Often for memorials, they are just served from the kitchen. If that is the case then maybe just a flower on each piece for easy cutting. Good luck!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 11

I really like the idea of the last name or initial of the family on the cake. And white just seems the most appropriate.
Good Luck,
Julia

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 11

If they are religious at all maybe just a simple cross would do or maybe have a baby lying in clouds with an angel... I'm so sorry for their loss. This is a hard time for them I'm sure. How wonderful of you to be so thoughtful. God Bless and good luck!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 11

I sadly did a cake 2 weeks ago for the funeral of a dear friend's 6 week old baby boy. I didn't take a picture, but I did a 10x14 sheet cake. I iced it in white buttercream, and then just piped a small, simple shell border in white. I divided the cake into 35 2" pieces by piping lines with the border and then piped small blue "forget me nots" in the center of each piece.

Jmtreu98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jmtreu98 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

I sadly did a cake 2 weeks ago for the funeral of a dear friend's 6 week old baby boy. I didn't take a picture, but I did a 10x14 sheet cake. I iced it in white buttercream, and then just piped a small, simple shell border in white. I divided the cake into 35 2" pieces by piping lines with the border and then piped small blue "forget me nots" in the center of each piece.

I think that this is a good idea, considering the situation. Kinda sweet actually!

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:11pm
post #9 of 11

i lov the forget me not idea... if people know what flower they are then it is perfect and i think it is a nice sentiment...
i also like the in his hands idea....

but i guess it all depends if it will be seen or not

i would hate to be in your shoes...
bc i wouldnt know what to do

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:30pm
post #10 of 11

thanks all so much, you got my creative blood flowing. will talk with the girl who asked me to help and let you know what comes of it

thanks again

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:25pm
post #11 of 11

I've never done one like that, but I vote for the "forget me not" flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%