Help!! Spreading Cookies!

Baking By mija10417 Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 6:43pm by snowshoe1

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 4

I have been using Karen's recipe for over a year and have NEVER had a problem with them spreading as there is no baking powder in them. Well I've made 3 batches of dough so far and each one keeps producing cookies that are spreading like crazy!

Does anyone know any other reasons why this could be happening? My pans are cold and so is the dough before they go into the oven.

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 4

I've never used that recipe, so I'm not sure what's in it...but I've noticed that I have problems with my roll-out cookie recipe when I use margarine that has less trans-fat than the one I usually use. I always use Imperial but I bought Blue Bonnet because it was on sale, and my cookies spread like crazy, so I checked the labels and was amazed how much difference there could really be between brands.

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 4

I've only used unsalted butter and it's always worked fine.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 4

Hmmm...her recipies are great and never seem to spread. Not sure if this could be an issue, but have you checked your oven tempature with a thermometer lately to make sure the temp is still accurate. Sorry couldn't be of more help! Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%