Incredible Hulk--Long

Decorating By Mac Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 11:33pm by Mac

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #1 of 3

OK--I need to bounce an idea off of you guys--get your thoughts.
I was asked to make an Incredible Hulk cake like the 3D Spiderman bust cake. Being maybe just a little too "Cake Cocky"...I said "sure, I can do it. It will take some figuring but it can be done".

Now this is my thinking---the wig head that I use on Spidey will have to be modified, of course. Maybe lightly coating it with candy melts and using RKT to form the foundation of the face and contours. Then lightly coating the RKT with candy melts to keep them together. Do you think this will work out?

Now the mother also would like the hands to show somehow. At first, I told her that it would look funny, but DH and I brain-stormed.........and this is what we came up with: Cover florist foam bricks with fondant and spray to look like bricks. Place around the shoulders and chest like the Hulk is coming out of them and placing his hands over the tops of the bricks. It will be a freakin' huge cake board and major work.

What do you think of this??? Hmmmm--maybe I shouldn't take another cake order next weekend, I'll be making quite a bit of $$ on this, IF I CAN PULL IT OFF!!!

2 replies
MicahS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicahS Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 3

Could you use rice crispy treats instead of florists foam? Cheaper and edible to boot. . . . Just my 2 cents.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 3

I could but I'm not making all those RKT! Just call me lazy! Thanks, tho.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%