I Got Really Red Roses!!!!

Decorating By lorrieg Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 12:08am by MacsMom

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 11

I forget who I was chatting about this with but I said I was going to do a test to try to get really red roses and I would let her know how it turned out. I can't find my notes on who it was. So sorry!

Anyway they are stunning IMHO and I am very pleased with them.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1259314

I will definately be buying Marcella Sanchez's flower paste again. I think it costs about double but it was unbelievably nice to work with. Beats Nick Lodge's hands down. And I thought it was the best. icon_surprised.gif

10 replies
marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 11

These are beautiful - what a colour!!
It's great when something turns out really well especially when you anticipate having trouble with it.
Well Done!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 11

How did you steam them....does that bring out the color and shine?

terrylee Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 11

Sorry....I wanted to add that they were soooo beautiful.....the color is so dramatic.....

lorrieg Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks! I'm hoping they will keep the colour with the spray on them.

I steamed them with a $25 clothing steamer that I bought at Walmart. I tried my kettle but it has automatic shutoff so it was a pain to use. When you steam them (not too much or they go gooey) they will have a shine and be slightly tacky but that dries. It sets the powder though so you don't get it all over everything including the cake. It was the spray that made the shine. I put it on a yellow rose but it didn't shine the same.
Here is what I used from Global Sugar Art -CAI-Edible Lacquer Spray
Product ID #18231
LL

terrylee Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you for all the helpful info......I have to make burgundy daisies...and I just can't seem to get it dark and shiny enough...Hope this does the trick.....Thanks again lorrieg.

lorrieg Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 11

terrylee, if you can buy that gumpaste (I got mine from GSA) it really is a dream to work with. I started with the white paste and I see there is a red one. That might help with the burgundy. And the sugarflair colourings are really strong.

I have to make some fuschia gerberas so I'm buying more of the paste. Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted. thumbs_up.gif

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 11

Really Beautiful! Wonderful job.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:39pm
post #9 of 11

That was me that you were discussing the red roses with. I love that red. I just started making the red roses for my Sept 27th wedding and I love Marcella Sanchez's flowerpaste. It's great to see the final flowers. They are absolutely beautiful. I agree this product is worth the money.

Thanks so much lorrieg.

Jo-ann

terrylee Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:03pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks again Lorrieg.....will post pictures

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:08am
post #11 of 11

Well crap! icon_razz.gif I have to make red poppys and have been strssing out how to do them. I wish I would've known about this flower paste a week ago!

They are GORGEOUS btw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%