Is It Possible.....question On Ct

Decorating By Bluesea Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 3:32am by Bluesea

Bluesea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluesea Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:22am
post #1 of 9

I've a few questions on CT. Pls help me....

a) Is is possible to do the outline one day and fill them say next day?

b) Why does my CTs sweat? After completing them, i leave them in a air-tight container. When i look at them the next day - they sweat.

c) Do you fill in a white surface? For example, the hello kitty has a white face right. Do i need to fill it?

Thanks.

8 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 9

To answer yuor questions:
1. yes you can
2. chocolate needs to dry the same as icing. It's probably sweating from being air tight
3.yes you fill it in

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:42am
post #3 of 9

Just like leaving fondant in an air tight container,it will sweat and leave it goopy,it should be fine leaving it out.Yes you can fill it the next day.Yes fill it all in,leaving holes will make it very easy to break.hth,Stephanie

Bluesea Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:44am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

1. yes you can
2. chocolate needs to dry the same as icing. It's probably sweating from being air tight
3.yes you fill it in

MnSnow, many thanks for your quick reply.
So u mean to say that i shouldn't put them in a air tight container? Can you please advise how i store them. I should'nt put them in the refrigerator right.

I have one other question. I have a Hello Kitty cake due this Sat. I am going to do a chocolate cake and frost them with ganache. My question is: after i place the CT on the cake, can i leave the cake in the refrigerator till the customer picks it up. Will the CT sweat?

Thank you.

Bluesea Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:51am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenleysmommy

Just like leaving fondant in an air tight container,it will sweat and leave it goopy,it should be fine leaving it out.Yes you can fill it the next day.Yes fill it all in,leaving holes will make it very easy to break.hth,Stephanie

ok now it is all clear...the wonder everytime i store my cut-out fondants on a air tight container before decorating them, i notice that they became goopy too. thanks for the tip stephanie.

tenleysmommy Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

1. yes you can
3.yes you fill it in

MnSnow, many thanks for your quick reply.
So u mean to say that i shouldn't put them in a air tight container? Can you please advise how i store them. I should'nt put them in the refrigerator right.

I have one other question. I have a Hello Kitty cake due this Sat. I am going to do a chocolate cake and frost them with ganache. My question is: after i place the CT on the cake, can i leave the cake in the refrigerator till the customer picks it up. Will the CT sweat?

Thank you.

It should be fine,i mad a Harley Davidison one,in my pics,it lasted 2 days in the fridge 7 hour trip to florida and back in the fridge before the wedding.To store you can leave it on a cookie sheet or whatever you made it on.It still might sweat a little when you take it out of the fridge but it will disapear and be fine,good luck can't wait to see the finished product icon_razz.gif

tenleysmommy Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:01am
post #7 of 9

sorry double post icon_redface.gif

Bluesea Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:05am
post #8 of 9

ok thank you. will post picture upon completion.

Bluesea Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:32am
post #9 of 9

ok thank you. will post picture upon completion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%