My Dirty Little Secret

Decorating By frankandcathy Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm by levinea

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:56pm
post #61 of 63

I can do great roses and buttercream flowers, but after doing cakes for almost 30 year, I too can not do stringwork, and if someone brings me a picture with stringwork I start figuring out ways to convince them of other designs, like pearls or dots, corneli lace, etc. for the stringwork. argh!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:37am
post #62 of 63

Kim- I love that you hide stuff when your Hubby is in the shower! I hide stuff too, but I also pray that he doesn't come home before the UPS guy gets here icon_lol.gif
The lady that lives across the street actually busted me one day! We were talking to her and she mentioned she knows our UPS guy, and that he jokes because he has to make so many deliveries to our house... Thank God my hubby doesn't care, but he still doesn't need to know the extent of my spending icon_wink.gif

levinea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
levinea Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #63 of 63

I can't make fondant or gumpaste flowers to save my life. I can form them sort of okay, but coloring them to look somewhat realistic? No way, can't do it.

I can't cover a cake in fondant. I'm great at doing fondant accents over buttercream (and am pretty good at faux fondant), but once I lay the fondant over the cake and get it smooth on top, I can't figure out how to make it fit the sides. It's always too big at the bottom or something. So I cut it and glue it together with buttercream, then stick a fondant figure or something over it to hide it. Oh the shame...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%