Grrr Less Than 5 Minutes!

Decorating By jibbies Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 8:05am by jo_ann

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 1:49am
post #1 of 12

I did what I thought was a really pretty wedding cake today. I was so excited that the first thing I did was upload the picture. Well, it zoomed across the new pics screen in less than 5 minutes icon_cry.gif
Yes I am having a pity party.

Jibbies

11 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:14am
post #2 of 12

You and I can have a joint pity party. On Aug 8th I made a wedding cake I was so proud of and it never made it to the front page. Passed it right by. I give up.

mrsscholler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsscholler Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #3 of 12

thats an awful feeling i think that each cake should have a certain amount of time on the front page. I mean its only fair. I dont really know how possible it is. But it sure would be nice.

jibbies Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #4 of 12

Joann, Is it the red scrolls cake in your gallery? It's beautiful! You should be proud! You do great work.

Jibbies

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:51am
post #5 of 12

Here's my theory: most of us deliver our cakes on the weekend (Fri, Sat, or Sun). Ergo, most of us post our pics on one of these days (i know I do). Ergo, we are bumping each other off the front page pretty fast with the high number of pics being uploaded.

Just a theory ... I have no numbers.

So theoretically ..... if we upload our pics on a Tues or Wed, odds are good that it will stay on the front page a little longer??? icon_confused.gif

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 2:57am
post #6 of 12

Jibbies, was it the one with the Bride and Groom setting on the side? I loved it, so cute and a refreshing idea.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:06am
post #7 of 12

I love the Superman...straight into my favs!!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:06am
post #8 of 12

Jibbies, I'm feeling sorry for myself, too. I posted my pic of the wedding cake I did this weekend and didn't get much "play" either.

I think I'll take Debi's advice and wait until the middle of the week from now on. I've done that before and they do seem to stay up longer.

jibbies Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:07am
post #9 of 12

Yes, that was the one! Thanks for looking, SandyKay!
I know exactly what you are talking about Indydebi, I have thought the same thing before, but I was soooo excited about this particular one, I guess it struck me in a different way than it did everybody else. I just thought it was a sweet cake. (no pun intended!)

Jibbies

jibbies Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:18am
post #10 of 12

Ruth, was it the square green one. Now that's a beautiful cake. I love the way you have the squares turned.

Jibbies

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 5:12am
post #11 of 12

Jibbies, thanks!! Yes, it's the square green one. My shoulders still hurt from slaving over that icing!! I worked for about 14 hours filling, icing, stacking and decorating that cake.

You've got some great looking cakes in your gallery, too! I thought Sara and John's cake was really pretty (love the little daisies), and the scroll work on Michelle's is just unbelievable!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 8:05am
post #12 of 12

Jibbies, yes it is the red scroll one. Thank you so much for the complement. Right back at you, your cakes are gorgeous. I love your flowers.

Jo-Ann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%