Thegoodcook Book Deal! Expires 11:59 Et Tonight For Members

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm by wrightway777

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #1 of 7

I just wanted to tell all members of the www.thegoodcook.com that they have a great book deal right now for its members, ANY two books for $20 plus s/h. I just bought the new CIA book (retails for $40) thats coming out in Sept and Warren Browns, CakeLove (retails for $28.00). So thats $68 worth of books for $20 (not counting the $6.48 s/h to ship from PA to GA).
Actually, if you play it right, you can get 3 or 4 books total for $20. Click on the link at the bottom of their home page that says "Sweet Deals" those sets of two books count as "one book" in your shopping cart then pick another book or set......I should have done this but I really wanted the above.
This deal ends tonight at 11:59ET.

If you are not a member - you need to be - your initial purchase is a steal and as you can see later deals are just as exciting!!

6 replies
Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:49am
post #2 of 7

I ordered Warren Brown's book also along with The Sweet Melissa Baking Book. I ordered it on Wednesday so hopefully some time next week. I'm looking forward to adding them to my collection icon_smile.gif

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 7

Really?? I logged on and they are only offering me 50% off publisher prices with no minimum. I wonder if they have different deals for different members.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbakin

Really?? I logged on and they are only offering me 50% off publisher prices with no minimum. I wonder if they have different deals for different members.

Me too, I only see a 25% off 1 title... wonder why...

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:02am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the tip. I just checked it out and their offer to me (I'm not a member yet) was to join and get 4 books for $1.00 each...I'll log back on after dinner and see if they have something on cake decorating / fondant/gum paste... icon_smile.gif Maybe that is an offer to already members? But it's nice to see that there are even more deals after you join.

music121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
music121 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 1:55am
post #6 of 7

I'm not a member of this book club and browsed their selection. They only list 5 books related to cakes. Once you are a member, are there other cake books to choose from or are those it? I didn't see the two books that were mentioned in the original post.

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 7

yeah - its 8/23 and the deal for members ended last night.

music121 - I see more than 5 cake books. Even the new book, "THE MODERN BAKER" coming out in Sept can be ordered. I wonder if thats any good.

raquel1 - they dont have any fondant/gumpaste books. I mainly use that site for recipe books. Like the "THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA COOKBOOK" is coming out in Sept (u can order it now). Also the thick "Classics" Martha Stewart's books are on there (I dont see the Wedding Cakes anymore though). There are some decorating books on there - they've taken some good ones off for some reason (ex. Confetti Cakes). If its your first purchase go for the 5th book deal - its worth it. Get the biggest most expensive books to to be your 1-4. For your 5th book pick the cheapest. Their sites code doesnt differentiate your choices for your 5th book for the 50% off.

Cyndi1207 - I'll have to check out The Sweet Melissa Baking Book. We should discuss Warren Brown's CakeLove after we get it. icon_smile.gif

note to all - personally I'd stay away from, "The Pastry Queens Christmas" book - I'm not really pleased with its contents.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%