Freezing Carrot Cake?

Decorating By Muse Updated 23 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm by lorrieg

Muse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muse Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 7

I know everyone swears by freezing cakes and all but is it possible to freeze carrot cake to fabulous results?

I am making a big birthday cake for my mom at the end of September and I want to get the baking out of the way. The hard part here will be the stacking and I don't want to have to worry about one more thing possibly going wrong.

So questions is, does carrot cake freeze well?

6 replies
tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 7

Yes it does. I took one out of the freezer yesterday for an order due this morning. The trimmings were delicious!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

It freezes well, in fact, the flavors inhance and it seems to get moister.

I had some left overs in the freezer for a month or so....I thawed and iced and still if not better.

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

It freezes well, in fact, the flavors inhance and it seems to get moister.

I had some left overs in the freezer for a month or so....I thawed and iced and still if not better.

I agree!! I always make my carrot cake ahead because I think it's more moist and delicious after a night in the freezer. It's also much easier to work with if it still partially frozen.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, yes, yes! As long as it is well wrapped it freezes well and once thawed tastes moister. I find that it goes beautifully with orange SMBC filling (yum)

Muse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muse Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 7

Great! Thanks guys!

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 7

I wrap mine in saran and then foil and they are perfect and fresh when they defrost. I usually make a couple of small rounds to freeze when I make carrot cake because they make great "spur of the moment" desserts or gifts. Or a present for my dad if he's having a bad day healthwise. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%