Fondant Cutout Question

Decorating By joylee8 Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm by weirkd

joylee8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joylee8 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake with almost navy buttercream and yellow fondant stars. My question is-- If I put them on today (partys tomorrow afternoon) will the blue "bleed" through the yellow stars? I didn't know if they would soak up the color from the buttercream? Thanks

3 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 4

It should go all the way threw as long as your stars are thick enough and you use a crusting buttercream. But the stars will be stained on the back. Depending if its for a client or not, some people might not like that. I had a client that had a black and white cake and was ticked because the black fondant made the white fondant that weird green color in the back of the diamonds. She had had the cake sitting in a car for three hours and then set it out in the sun for the party and wondered why it looked that way.

joylee8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joylee8 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 4

Of coarse it couldn't be her fault! I am using a crusting buttercream so it should be fine? Thank you for replying!

Joy

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 4

No problem! I think the most frustrating thing is when your looking for an answer and no one bothers to reply!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%