Who Went To School?

Decorating By lindseyelaine Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 8:44pm by Jovy

lindseyelaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindseyelaine Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:58am
post #1 of 16

I just thought it would be fun for everyone to share if they went to school for Baking/Pastry and where they went icon_smile.gif

15 replies
paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:13am
post #2 of 16

Not yet, but planning to in about a year. Le Courden Bleu in Austin, TX

EmilyGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyGrace Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:13am
post #3 of 16

I didn't go, but I wish I had! I suppose I still could someday! icon_smile.gif

Pastry-Panda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastry-Panda Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:14am
post #4 of 16

I went to school at Le Cordon Bleu Pasadena for the baking and patisserie program. icon_smile.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:42am
post #5 of 16

I did not go to school. I did start baking with my mom when I was 4. I took Home Economics in Jr. High and high school for 6 years. I worked for 3 years with a Scandinavian baker, 3 years with a German baker and 2 days with a Belgian baker/ decorator.

I have taken all of the information I received and made it work for me. Whether you go to school to learn or apprentice with someone else, the extra knowledge never hurts.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:52am
post #6 of 16

I went to le cordon bleu for my culinary degree and I plan to go back for the baking and pastry program

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 16

I've been a lifelong cook and baker, but I also recently graduated from the Pastry Arts program at the French Culinary Institute in NYC.

airangel0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
airangel0 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:02pm
post #8 of 16

I'm starting School in Oct. Art institute of Philly.While working full time.I have been an avid baker and cook and finally the little light came on and i'm going to school for my passion bakery and pastry arts!

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 16

I took baking and patissierie (8 months) through my local regional occupational program (taught by a former cordon bleu instructor) now I am getting ready to take a cake design certificate program which is 4 months long icon_smile.gif

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:30pm
post #10 of 16

I went to the Scottsdale Culinary Institute, a Le Cordon Bleu school. Did the full program (pastry and cooking). It was a lot of work (while I worked full time) but was so worth it - for the learning experience if nothing else...but $$$$$$!! Oh well, if I weren't in debt then I wouldn't know what to do with all my $$$ haha.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #11 of 16

Bachelor of science in home economics from The Ohio State University. I Have taught HIgh school Culinary Arts and Nutrition for 29 years...and lots of kids have gotten the basics of cake decorating and creating masterpieces. Gee , the nutrition parts sounds weird when we are talking about cake.

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #12 of 16

Beginning a baking/pastry arts degree program in September at New York Institute of Culinary Education! =)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:38pm
post #13 of 16

I went to culinary school and have a degree in Baking and Pastry Arts. I went to Sullivan (National Center for Hospitality Studies) - not well known outside the industry in consumer's minds, but highly regarded in the biz. Also $$$$.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 7:56pm
post #14 of 16

I have heard of Sullivan...their representative used to come to my school and speak to my students, made me want to go back to school...my daughter is majoring in hospitality mgt/rest. managements at Ashland University....if she wasn't an athlete we may have sent her to Sullivan...haven't been contacted by them in years, I wonder if they are so big they don't have to recruit now.

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:10pm
post #15 of 16

Le Cordon Bleu Scottsdale Arizona. Patisserie and baking certificate

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:44pm
post #16 of 16

I plan someday not far from now... when I have money to pay for school because I dont want use loans....My hope and dreams are to attend Notter Pastry School in Orlando, FL.. I would love to attend French Culinary in Chicago but I have a family and life here in FL so I cant go to chicago but I am happy to attend Notter. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%