White Choco Bc With What?????

Decorating By liapsim Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 12:14pm by liapsim

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 20

Question my CCr's...or should I say, a couple questions! I am wanting to do a cake for my neice's birthday. She has told me that she wants something to do with white chocolate. So I thought it would be perfect to use white chocolate buttercream recipe. But what kind of cake do you think it would be good on? Do you think I should do a fruit filling as well? I didn't know if a white cake with strawberry filling and the white chocolate BC would be good or am I going overboard? Any ideas would be FANTASTIC because I really don't know where to go with this....Thanks!

19 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 20

It goes with about anything. I do white cake with red raspberry filling with white icing (or white choc icing) all the time.

maverickmay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maverickmay Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:59am
post #3 of 20

The other day I was doing a topsy turvy cake and the bottom layer was a dark chocolate cake with the white chocolate buttercream used as the filling and I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top before adding the other chocolate cake layer on top. I then iced it in the white chocolate buttercream before covering it in fondant. Everyone who tried it thought it was fabulous and they loved the extra little chocolate surprise of the chocolate chips.

My friends and I figure that there can never be too much chocolate!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 20

liapsim, you cake combination sounds wonderful ... go for it...

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:11am
post #5 of 20

My first thought was lemon/ginger. Something tart always goes with the sweet white chocolate. icon_smile.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:11am
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

It goes with about anything. I do white cake with red raspberry filling with white icing (or white choc icing) all the time.

Oh YEAH! AND if you use White Chocolate Raspberry Creamer for 1/2 the liquid in the cake.....OH MY WORD! She's gonna think she's died and gone to HEAVEN! LOL

Beth

bethola Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:12am
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Oh YEAH! AND if you use White Chocolate Raspberry Creamer for 1/2 the liquid in the cake.....OH MY WORD! She's gonna think she's died and gone to HEAVEN! LOL

Beth

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #8 of 20

Bethola, are you still able to purchase the White Chocolate Raspberry creamer? I thought that was no longer being sold. If you are buying it, please tell me what store chain you are buying it from. I absolutely agree, that creamer is FANTASTIC in a cake.

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #9 of 20

I recently did a white chocolate bc with decadent white chocolate cake. It was delicious and got rave reviews. I just stuck with the white choc bc for the filling too because the bride didn't care for fruit fillings. the decadent wc cake is on CC if you look under recipes.

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:20am
post #10 of 20

If you look on my pictures you can see a couple of cakes I made. I used the white chocolate raspberry recipe here on CC, but I changed it in that I didn't use raspberries and I didn't do the icing they suggested. I did white buttercreme instead.
It was so good. I love it! I also used a little more white chocolate than the cake recipe asked for, just because I like it so much.
It was fabulous.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:21am
post #11 of 20

I've used it with Pistachio and raspberry cakes. I used the bc as the filling on both. They were divine.

bethola Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:24am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Bethola, are you still able to purchase the White Chocolate Raspberry creamer? I thought that was no longer being sold. If you are buying it, please tell me what store chain you are buying it from. I absolutely agree, that creamer is FANTASTIC in a cake.

We have it OCCASIONALLY at our WalMart. So, when we do.....I buy all they have and FREEZE IT!

I LOVE using Creamers so I have all kinds in my freezer. My latest fav is White Chocolate Mudslide. Which reminds me....need to buy some to put in the freezer.....just in case! LOL

Beth in KY

rosiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecakes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #13 of 20

Oooooo I was at walmart tonight and bought some white chocolate mudslide but I found it by accident when I was getting whipping cream. I decided I need to try french buttercream. This is the first I am hearing about white chocolate buttercream, is the recipe on here? Does it involve real white chocolate or white chips? I live in a rural town where its kinda hard to find premium groceries like real white chocolate.

Anyone have any pointers on french buttercream?
(sorry not trying to hijack the post but my grand nephew's christening is this weekend and its a very special cake!)

bethola Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:38am
post #14 of 20

I use real white chocolate most of the time in my buttercream, but, I have, on occasion used white chocolate wafers. Also, the last white chocolate cake I did (beach cake in my photos) I kinda "experimented" and used white chocolate pudding in the icing just to see how it tasted. OH MY LORD! AWESOME!!

I used Duff's french buttercream recipe the last time I made it. "I" thought it was great, but, it is REALLY buttery and rich!

Beth

bethola Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:39am
post #15 of 20

I use real white chocolate most of the time in my buttercream, but, I have, on occasion used white chocolate wafers. Also, the last white chocolate cake I did (beach cake in my photos) I kinda "experimented" and used white chocolate pudding in the icing just to see how it tasted. OH MY LORD! AWESOME!!

I used Duff's french buttercream recipe the last time I made it. "I" thought it was great, but, it is REALLY buttery and rich!

Oh yeah, the White Choc. Mudslide? Try it in a dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate icing....YUM!

Beth

post #16 of 20

Oh yeah, the White Choc. Mudslide? Try it in a dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate icing....YUM!

Beth

post #17 of 20

Beth

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:47am
post #18 of 20

I just recently made a with white choc. WASC cake filled with a thin layer of dark choc. ganache & raspberry mousse filling with white chocolate buttercream frosting & it was really good. Just an idea & good luck to you. thumbs_up.gif

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #19 of 20

I also live in a very small town where getting premium chocolate is hard to do. I just used white chocolate chips and it was still some of the best cake I've ever had. icon_smile.gif

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 12:14pm
post #20 of 20

All sounds so fantastic ladies!!!!!! Now I just need to narrow it down I guess.... icon_smile.gif! We'll see what I come up with!!! Thank you all so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%