Who's With Me???

Decorating By mrsscholler Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 5:15pm by sweettoothmom

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:55pm
post #61 of 66

I don't mind not getting comments too much. (not that I have many pics up yet) I am still just jealous I can post my pics on the same site as these amazing works of art and no one has laughed at me! icon_wink.gif

I like to come on around 3-4 a.m. when the site is moving faster and go nuts commenting. I would become a Gallery Supporter if I knew I could promise to be on here more regularly.

I too, like to leave comments for those who don't have many yet and I do try to leave an interesting comment, but I admit I am also guilty of just saying that the cake is 'simply stunning' or 'amazing'. I will try very hard to stop doing that.
I don't hand out criticism even to those who ask, I am not qualified! icon_smile.gif

I am often sad to see how few comments the naughty cakes get, period. I know fewer folks look there, but we can't all be so easily embarrassed can we? The worst is seeing unkind comments or frowny faces left on the naughty ones....if you are easily offended don't look there anymore, and don't say a mean thing just because you are easily offended. Just skip the pic. (Unless they ask for criticism)

I will surely try to comment more often and do a better job of it overall. My worst habit is skipping galleries that don't have cakes that I would ever/not likely do or don't get as many uploads every day. I end up commenting eventually, but it may be weeks after the person posted the pic, though I was not meaning to avoid them.

I appreciate those of you who send the answer to a question by PM...I have gotten a few answers that way when I would not always remember to go back and check where I commented/questioned. Very good idea!

I love all the pics! I am wowed by them every time I come here!
icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 9:33pm
post #62 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Dare I admit I haven't a clue how to include a link? I'm an architectural drsaftsman, I sit at a computer all day, and haven't the faintest idea how to do most things that many of you can do in your sleep!

icon_biggrin.gif I just taught hubby how to do this last week!

When you're on a page, go up to your browser (where the address is .... it probably starts with "http://....." Right click on that address ... select "copy". Then when you're ready to include it in your post, your email, your memo, just right clip and select "paste".

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:36am
post #63 of 66

Thanks, indydebi! I will write down the instructions or I'm sure to forget.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:19pm
post #64 of 66

I just spent some time commenting on cakes, and as usual I clip on cakes that don't look so interesting by their front page pic, and as usual I was soo pleasantly surprised, there is a collection of cakes by thaisproenca, here is the link I copied with indydebi's help(thanks!) to one of her cakes...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1257111.html
They are a must see, her fondant work, piping, and attention to detail are great. Her cakes gave me great ideas... but sooo many great pics and ideas go by the wayside, not if I can help it! I mean if WE can help it!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 4:18pm
post #65 of 66

I agree...many times the tiny picture can be deceiving. I have found that some tall cakes with several tiers, look odd and not so cute, because of being compressed, then when you click on it, they're magnificent and proportioned and beautiful.

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:15pm
post #66 of 66

It is such a sweet thought and a wonderful idea.
I will make the committment. Best of all things to all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%