How Do You Flavor A Wasc Cake?

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 3:25am by Sarsi

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone please help me with some ideas for changing the flavor of WASC? Changing the cake mix is an obvious one of course. I also tried to substitute liquid creamer for half of water, as was suggested on the boards, in the recipe but both of my cakes (with different creamer substitutions) ended up tasting pretty much the same. What did I do wrong?
Please help.
Thanks a bunch.

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:00am
post #2 of 6

Using different flavored extracts will change the flavor of the WASC.

For other options, here's the expanded flavors recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

HTH

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:08am
post #3 of 6

I have done a few varaiations that were favorites... one of mine is using a spice cake mix and then instead of water using apple cider. yummy!! I just did a whi cake mix and used a can of papaya nectar in it... gave it a light sweet flavor. I like to throw in different cans of those nectars or kerns juice just depending on my mood. Another one that I get requests for is my Lemon version. I use a lemon cake mix and use lemoncello and lemon juice and boy do you get a zing from that cake! Well these are just a few ideas, hope that helps you!

Kim

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 6

I've also used coffee syrups to flavor, just substituted some of the water. And either eliminate the almond or use vanilla instead.

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:20am
post #5 of 6

When you substitute juices or coffee syrops for water, how much is the best amount, enough for taste to come through but not too much to alter the texture?
Thanks, P

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #6 of 6

Ummm...I guessed last time and it wasn't quite flavorful enough, but I might not be of much help, I make my cake from scratch, but I believe substituting half the liquid would give good flavor...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%