How Do I Politely Decline To Donate?

Business By ShopGrl1128 Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 12:34am by laynie72

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 11:38pm
post #31 of 33

We get hit up all th time. I have a store that is 95% colege business, and they are always asking. I do what I can, just a little to many. Maybe tell them you could split the cost of such a large cake or do a small center piece type cake...

I have found that people really don't give 2 flips about an explaination, if it is following a "sorry, no". If you give a reason, be short and sweet.

"I would be happy to help in this way or that way. Can we work together..." If you chose to do anything at all.

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:09am
post #32 of 33

I think a donation of any kind should be given from the heart. If I can not give from my heart I do not give. We all have to donate our time and products where we feel best. I give when I can give and always try to do so with a heart for giving. When I can not I am honest with the person. This is just my policy.

laynie72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laynie72 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:34am
post #33 of 33

That will be a huge donation, if exposure is what is needed think about this; letâs just say that you sell your cakes for 1$ a slice (ha! ) with $200 you can:
Buy yourself a very cool website. (lots of exposure)
Get an add on a magazine or news paper.
Get a photographer to take amazing pictures of your cakes.
Much moreâ¦

Be very sweet but decline, there are charities out there that really need donations, when you can afford to do it choose one and give big that will make you feel very good !

Tell them that you are very thankful and honor they pick you out for their charity (it is nice when someone thinks about you even when it is just to ask for free stuff) but that at the moment you are unable to help, be simple be nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%