On My Way To Urgent Care.....

Decorating By soccermom17 Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 2:39am by soccermom17

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 11

Oh yes. I cut my finger again! I did it exactly 6 months ago, so no tetnus shot needed! But, on my way to the urgent care my gas light was on. So, I had to make a pit stop. My finger is alright. When I cut my thumb in Feb., no stiches needed. This time it was my left index finger, 4 stiches. My husband says maybe I need to shut down. Too many medical bills! icon_biggrin.gif My cake was too hard, it sat cooling in the freezer too long and the knife jumped while cutting off the tops. I would advise against doing that! But all is good now and no blood on the cake! thumbs_up.gif
Have a great day everyone!
-Michelle

10 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 11

Oh no!! I'm glad you're okay!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 11

Ouch, my sympathies! I had to have stitches when I cut my finger washing the cake pan...one little sharp corner and I found it! Had to have the tetanus shot, too. Bummer for you!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 11

Oh my I'm glad you are alright. Please take care of those fingers you need them to make beautiful creations. icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 11

I'm glad to hear your allright! Take care of your finger(s)!!!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 11

I hate it when that happens. Then I have to wear a vinyl glove over my hand to finish the cake. It's hard to decorate with gloves on. I used to always cut my hand because I would forget to take my cakes out of the freezer ahead of time. But now that I've cut my hand so many times, I finally remember to give them enough time to thaw. icon_lol.gif Hope your hand heals soon!

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 11

Hope your finger gets better. I cut the side of my hand really bad a few years ago when I was washing a glass. Had my hand in it with the rag and the glass broke around my hand just as I was twisting the rag. Needless to say I had to go to the ER. Got a tetnus shot as well. It was so bad they couldn't even give me stitches. It was to the point they were talking about skin grafts (sp?). icon_eek.gif Thankfully it didn't come to that. What was really bad is they couldn't even give me pain killers because I was 7 mths pregnant. I could only take tylenol. I was in so much pain. icon_cry.gif To this day I hate washing those glasses!

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 11

im soo sorry that happend the same happend to me washing a frosting tip a big one..i was washing the inside and when i started twisting it to clean it it just sliced my skin!!yuk!!!! anyways i hope you get better!

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 11

Oh Lordy! That hurts! I have done that! ouch! My husband says that I need to wear metal gloves! LOL! Hope your finger heals fast!!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #10 of 11

Tonight is a full moon. Trust me I believe in them, today we(my dh and I) almost had a head on collision. My dh passed a truck on a divided highway and there was a oncoming car coming straight at us as we came over a small crest. Talk about your stomach ending up in your throat when you see another vehicle coming straight at you where one shouldn't be. Great thing my dh has fantastic reflexes. Then when we made it home safe I had to bake a orange creamsickle cake( I like to color the cakes orange for effect) and forgot to color them.
And I was shampooing carpets today and broke my son's shampooer.

I hope your finger heals fast.
jo_ann

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:39am
post #11 of 11

Thanks everyone. The cake was saved and I finished it today. I'll post it soon. I hated wearing the glove over my finger! But it could have been worse and boy did it slow me down. Thank goodness I had only one wedding this weekend. (3 tier) Next weekend, it's a three tier fondant with 5 sheet cakes, then 14 center piece cakes and an 8" for the head table. I hope my speed improves! Have a great weekend!
-Michelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%