The Search Feature Hates Me...

Decorating By anoldhippy Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 12:36am by indydebi

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 7

I never can get it to work icon_cry.gif I am trying to find somewhere to buy the dense styrofoam for a cake dummy. I tried some but they only have the disc and I want a round ball shape. but the foam is very dense. Not the kind kids use to make decorations with. Any ideas? Thank you!

6 replies
kewaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kewaters Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 7

i am fairly new to this site, so i'm not sure, but can you search for something like that on here? when i've searched for things it only brings up categories like gallery, forums, recipes, etc. So, maybe I'm not sure where you're trying to find the answer...

But to find a styro ball in a store, did you check like Michael's or Hobby Lobby or JoAnns back by the floral section? I have seen styro balls before...

Good luck!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 7

dallas-foam.com

GeminiKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiKim Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 7

The search feature hates me too. No matter what I type in, nothing happens - BUT that is on my computer. If I use my husbands or sisters computer - it works. Must be something with our browser?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 7

You are not alone!!!! It hates me; not only on thnis site but on almost any site I visiticon_sad.gif
I can get some good searching on google but that allicon_smile.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 7

http://taylorfoam.com/taylorfoam_com/door/
Try this site.

Welcome to CC kewaters, you can't search for stuff on the site just ask and at least one of us oldies knows where it is. When you find a site of a thread save it to your favorites and then you can pull it up and copy and paste the address. that 's what I did with Taylor Foam.
Hope this helps!

Jibbies

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:36am
post #7 of 7

It sounds odd, but I get better results with a one-word search than a do with a word phrase. If you know there's been a previous thread on the topic and can remember any CC'er who was a part of that conversation, using their name on the 2nd line also helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%