Where Do I Get This In Canada?

Decorating By TantalizingTreats Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 1:01am by fancyface

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hey all, this may be a canadian only question, but anyone who knows this, that would be great.

I have been wanting an edible image printer for a while now and I dont know where to get one.. I live in Canada, i don't mind paying for one to be shipped, but what i am scared to deal with is buying the supplies (ink and paper) from across the border all the time. Is there a place in canada I can buy from?

I am also in the position to get an airbrush too, so any info on that subject would be greaty appreciated , Like what would i need to use one and where i can get one.

thanks in advance...

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Fellow Canadian.....

You can buy a printer from any Staples business store or Future shop..Best Buy.As long it it is compatible with the edible inks.So far there is no place in Canada to buy the inks unless you are a licenced business and then you may be able to buy from Wholesale companies like Bakemark or Dawn Foods etc...Bakemark wanted close to $100.00 for the inks which I think is a ripp off!! I would order the inks and edible paper from Kopykake.com or Icingimages.com or other online places in the US as they will end up being a bit less even with customs/duty.I researched around alot before I bought my airbrush and decided to just order right from Kopykake.com out of Torrence California.The CAD dollar was or is close to par so really all you will pay is UPS shipping and brokerage fees.There was no place here in Canada to get a good cake decorating airbrush so I decided not to fool around.Others have purchased from airbrushes from Ebay or even other hobby airbrushes from places like Michael's...Hobby Lobby in the US etc....But unless it is actually made for cake decorating I would be leary.I also bought my over head projecter from Kopykake and I love it.I always received great service and was not disappointed!! I think I paid $225.00 for my airbrush and the colors were an extra $22.00 but you can get those anywhere...and I paid $240.00 for my projecter..Never had a problem and that was 4 years ago!!Check out the Kopykake site!! Hope this helps!!

P.S. My hubby comes from Winnipeg!! thumbs_up.gif Lived there for a year in 1997..Beautiful and Green!!! icon_wink.gif

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #3 of 4

thank you!

I have friends and family in calgary.. really nice there!

fancyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fancyface Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 4

I would also try Mc Call's, i know they carry alot of that stuff.

HTH

michelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%