Is This A Fair Price?

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 11:08pm by sari66

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 3

I quoted $150 for a 12â Italian Cream and 6â vanilla. The 12â will be almost completely covered with edible images (9 photos). 4 icing sheets cost me $13. Also a fondant plaque with tappit letters and a couple of fondant accents. I donât do many cakes and so many times I have remorse after I quote a price.

This was ordered by an organization my company is involved with and when I procrastinated on quoting her a price she called one of my coworkers and asked her if she knew how much I was going to charge. My coworker asked me about it and I decided I better give the lady a call. This lady is like 80 years old, a real sweetheart. My coworker who doesnât know much about cakes said that the lady said âmaybe $50 would be insulting, maybe $75.â Coworker didnât give her opinion on what I should charge except to say that she knows I put a lot of time into it and I should get paid for my time. The lady didnât flinch when I told her $150, but I felt bad after we hung up. But then again, I always do! LOL! I charged $150 for a similar cake for my boss that this lady had seen at the party. So I donât know why I feel bad about it. Slap me with a wet noodle! Iâm such a dork!

Cake is similar to this one...
LL

2 replies
funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 3

I am here to slap you with a wet noodle!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gif
I know it's hard to quote prices but never sell yourself short. Be confident in your pricing and if they walk, they weren't worth your time anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 3

Wet noodle slap for you! LOL you'd didn't charge too much it was worth what you charged.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%