Entered 3 Categories In State Fair But What Is Traditional??

Decorating By tasha27 Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm by wrightway777

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 3

So I signed up for three categories in the State Fair competition in October Wedding ( I have a plan) Original Design ( Got an Idea) then traditional but what the heck is traditonal I am at a lost and I need some help so please my CC family help me out I need ideas as to what is traditional to you!!! Thanks in Advance!!!

Tasha icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 3

baking911.com defines "traditional" as follows, "The traditional wedding cake is a three- tiered vanilla confection with white icing, a miniature bride and bridegroom on top and lots of buttercream roses."

So basically white on white decoration. Most importantly it would be a good idea to ask the competition sponsor / director for their written definition of "traditional." Make sure their version of "traditional" gives you a precise answer for decoration (only white buttercream or fondant) and type of cake (ex. white vanilla cake or free-choice of cake and filling). They may be more loose in definition to allow for creativity is my guess.

Make sure to look over the rules carefully. If this is a non-tasting competition they may still have certain rules about non-edible things allowed on the cakes (ex. no cold porcelain or visible wires, etc.).

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 3

btw the site that I quoted the definition is from www.baking911.com
(not sure why it didnt show in full)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%