Anyone Ever Used Brill Buttercream?

Decorating By Amy729 Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 12:36pm by Amy729

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 10

I was looking at trying Brill buttercream and was wondering if anyone out there has used it before.

I would like to have it to use for "emergencies" and just extra piping.

Thanks!
Amy

9 replies
Amy729 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 10

Anyone?

Thanks,
Amy

Amy729 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:10am
post #3 of 10

Anyone? Please!

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:20am
post #4 of 10

I haven't used it but looked into buying it. The Albertson's bakery here uses it. I figure if they use it it cannot be bad. I bought an Albertson's cake just to taste the Brill icing. The crust on it was nice. I even stood and watched them make the cakes. That Brill seemed easy enough to work with. I hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

adobewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adobewife Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:32am
post #5 of 10

I really like Brill. If I have a lot of orders, I love to have it on hand because I get really tired of making icing. I usually use SugarShack's hi-ratio buttercream recipe, but Brill tastes very good. It keeps forever and it is so convenient to have it on hand. It also pipes very well. I hope this helps.

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:40am
post #6 of 10

Umm...what is brill buttercream? I've never heard of it, what does it look like?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:43am
post #7 of 10

Where I work we use Brill icing all the time. It doesn't taste bad and is pretty easy to work with.
They are changing their formula for us on the 20th of this month. We will be adding real butter to it when we mix it. I don't know if that is for everyone or if they will have different kinds for different customers. I am really looking forward to it.
They are also changing their formula for the Bettercreme and it will actually have milk product in it.

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:55am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briniga

Umm...what is brill buttercream? I've never heard of it, what does it look like?

It looks like your basic white buttercream. Brill is just the brand name. It is made by Brill. Buttercream icing made by Brill.

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #9 of 10

Oh ok, thanks, is it better than regular bc?

Amy729 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:36pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks everyone for their posts!

I think I will buy some to try. I will still ice the cakes with my own bc but would like to have some premade for "emergencies" and some piping.

Amyicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%