Strawberry Filling Reicipe Help

Baking By valerieandrachaelscakes Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 3:16pm by wakeandbake

valerieandrachaelscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieandrachaelscakes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 11

I'm in search of a good strawberry filling recipe. The only ones I can find on the net use whipping cream and I'm afraid of it melting out of my cake, since it's so hot here in Florida. Something like a jam or like Publix uses. Thanks

10 replies
alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 11

Here is one that I use and NO WHIPPING CREAM in it. I love it. This wont ooze out.

2 C Strawberries cut into small pieces (I use fresh)
3/4 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Water
3 Tablespoons Corn Startch

Put all into sauce pan. Let boil. Add corn startch--you will have to mix the corn starch in. By adding the corn starch this will thicken the sauce. Once it is boiling and the sauce is thick let cool. I leave mine alone about 20 minutes then put on cake or fill cc's.

This is very easy to do.

alvarezmom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 11

Here is one that I use and NO WHIPPING CREAM in it. I love it. This wont ooze out.

2 C Strawberries cut into small pieces (I use fresh)
3/4 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Water
3 Tablespoons Corn Startch

Put all into sauce pan. Let boil. Add corn startch--you will have to mix the corn starch in. By adding the corn starch this will thicken the sauce. Once it is boiling and the sauce is thick let cool. I leave mine alone about 20 minutes then put on cake or fill cc's.

This is very easy to do.

agiftofaloha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agiftofaloha Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 11

I wish I could find the link, but there's a lady on here "mamajan61" that has the best strawberry filling recipe I've ever used in my career. If you could find her I'm sure she would share her recipe with her due to the fact that she shared it with me and now, ALL my customers want that strawberry filling. Even in the heat this is AWESOME!!! and it honestly tastes like you've put fresh strawberries in the cake.. Look her up. She's got the recipe that will make your cakes pop!~

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 11

I use the rasp. filling recipe from here and just sub. for strawberries. I love it b/c it's nice and thick. You don't even need a layer of buttercream before you put it on the cake!

valerieandrachaelscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieandrachaelscakes Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks for the recipes and the tips!

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 11

i use a recipe from this site by txdiann (i omit the kirsh and it still works fine) and everyone i have ever made it for loves it!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 11

Do these fillings (and the cake, of course) need to be refrigerated once put in the cake? Thanks.

alvarezmom Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 11

I dont put mine in the frig and it comes out fine. I put the filling on the cake once it's cool, and the crumb coat it. Never had a problem with it "going bad".

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 11

The one I use doesn't have to be refridgerated, but I always do anyway, just because I like cakes better cold icon_smile.gif

wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 3:16pm
post #11 of 11

i have never refrigerated the cakes after filling and they turn out fine. but i will say that the filling can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and gets better (in my opinion) with time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%