Hannah Montana Guitar Cake

Decorating By claudia05 Updated 12 Aug 2008 , 10:56pm by claudia05

claudia05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claudia05 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 10:45am
post #1 of 12

Hello,

My niece is having a Hannah Montana birthday party for her 6th birthday. I would love to make her a guitar cake for the party.

CCers who have made a guitar cake, did you just carve the guitar freehand or did you use a template. If you used a template, would you mind sharing your template with me. How big is the cake? Also, is the handle of the guitar -cake, rice krispie treats, styrofoam, etc.
Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Claudia

11 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 11:08am
post #2 of 12

This is the guitar that I did last weekend for a friends daughter.

I used the Wilton Guitar pan and added a mini loaf pan cake to the neck/handle of the guitar to make it longer. Another cc'er gave me the idea - I gave her credit on my pic.

the daughter specifically asked for it to be pink and purple (I would have chosen different colors!)

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1251118

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 12

I have made both, all cake (carved), RKT oh and also carved styrofoam. I always use a template then you insure both accuracy and uniformity. My personal pref is always fondant covering as I can do more detailed work. One method I sometimes use is to find the guitar I want , then go to Kinko's and blow it up to the size I need then viola! a template! Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

gris190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gris190 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 12

I just carved mine free hand. if you look at my picture you can see how i made it. the handle was also cake.

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 12

I was given a copy of a drawing the birthday girl had made of her dream guitar. I enlarged it and used it as a template. The cake was carved from a single 12 x 18 cake. It was crumb coated then covered in MMF. I used nu-silver and luster dust for accents. Strings were MMF pressed thru a clay gun. Stars were also made of mmf as well as the banner that was against the front of the cake. HTH

MichaelaRod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichaelaRod Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 12

I did mine using the Wilton guitar pan and it worked out perfectly, depending on how many you need to feed. I found just doing BC strings worked out easiest. I attempted to use wire or roll out fondant. Here is my guitar:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1227202

claudia05 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 11:22am
post #7 of 12

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your advice.

I think I might try to carve the guitar out of cake as long as I find a template of Hannah Montana's guitar.

Claudia

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:12pm
post #8 of 12

If you have a scanner you can make your own templates. I just keep increasing the size of cropped portions until I get the size I need. sometimes I have to rotate and use wide setting to print.

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:22pm
post #9 of 12

http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/HMDE34Front-f39427b74be337c59e6c00991e2485e4.jpg

i used this picuture as a guide just saved it cropped it and printed it out in 2 parts...the handle was on one page and the body was on another page. printed it out cut out the shape then placed it on top and carved away. it was very easy. the whole guitar was made out of cake... 2 9x13 cakes

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:23pm
post #10 of 12

I have made guitars both ways. I usually use the Wilton pan for BD parties, unless someone wants to pay for me to carve a cake. And I use the clay extruder to make the strings.

On the carved cake--depending on how many servings, the neck of the guitar is usually foamboard covered in fondant.

mandi1613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandi1613 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 12:30pm
post #11 of 12

if you would like me to crop the pictures and post them under templates so you can print them out just let me know and i will do it this evening when i get home from work icon_smile.gif

claudia05 Posted 12 Aug 2008 , 10:56pm
post #12 of 12

What program do you use to crop a picture?

Mandi1613 - if it is not a hassle for you to crop the pictures & post it under template, I would greatly appreciate it.

Once again, thank you everyone your all your help.

Claudia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%