Is This Fondant?

Decorating By littlecake Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm by doughdough

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 7

here's one of colette's cakes...how cute is this????

i want to make a dummie cake that is kinda like this....are the letters fondant?

or a 50/50 mix?...it needs to last!

6 replies
Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 7

I would think they are gumpaste. I just love the pic of your dog....what breed is it? I have a pug and love her. My mom says pug stands for positively uncontrollable goofball and boy is that true.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 7

They could be fondant but I would make them out of gumpaste. form them first and let them dry then paint them. Here are some I've done they are just freehanded.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1076523.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1159347.html

Jibbies

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 3:01pm
post #4 of 7

I agree. I think gumpaste is the way to go, although it is really hard to tell from the picture what they are actually made from.

I hope you'll post picture of what you come up with. Should be really beautiful!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

I would think they are gumpaste. I just love the pic of your dog....what breed is it? I have a pug and love her. My mom says pug stands for positively uncontrollable goofball and boy is that true.

it's my dream doggie...it's a fawn pug.....i don't have one yet...i love pugs, my friend has one...and it's the smartest dog ever, his daughter was practicing her instrament for band...the puggy went and got her toy squeaky thing and was playing along.

i'm gonna get one as soon as life settles down a bit. icon_lol.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 7

I love my pug. I thought the one onthe picture was a mixture because the nose looks longer than most pugs. Mine is also fawn colored. They are the best dogs but full of energy.

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 7

I would say gumpaste too, especially if you need it to last a while for a dummy cake! You can get the same effect w/fondant, but it takes way longer for it to dry before you can paint.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%