Contest

Decorating By alibugs Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 5:28am by waywordz

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 8

Could you please look at this website http://www.cakerysupplies.com/ . There are several on there that I love, like, and they tried real hard cakes.
Notice the ratings of the cakes and the amount of scores they have. Looks like someone is cheating! Why? If your cakes aren't good enough, don't put them on there.
Let's do a real contest on here and tell me who you think should really win.

7 replies
valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 8

Hmmmmm icon_confused.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 8

I must be missing something. I didn't see anything to do with scores, just a way to view a larger image and to see more information about the cake. Where would the scores be? Or do you have to vote first?

Edited to add: Okay, I went back and double checked and saw that there is a button to view results of voting. sorry!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 8

http://cakerysupplies.homestead.com/

Here is the direct link to the contest. I entered it and got word that they had to re-start the contest because someone was cheating. YOu are only allowed to vote once. But someone was resetting their computer and voting over and over. They were able to tell because the votes came from the same IP address. So if you voted you might need to re-vote!

I woke up this morning and saw that a couple of the cakes had hundreds of votes, I thought I was out for sure. seems like an awful lot of work to cheat for a gift certificate.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 8

someone was cheating. they have reset the scores and if anyone votes multiple tims they will disqualify the cake.

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 8

Goodness, I am with Merissa, geesh. I am glad that caught the error and are trying to make it right. thumbs_up.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 8

My cake is on there and I felt so bad because I was loosing. I thought I tried really really hard on that cake and I saw theirs and got discouraged after I saw they had like 50 votes. Thanks for the news. I did the ballet shoes cake on there.

waywordz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waywordz Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 5:28am
post #8 of 8

Karema I think your cake is very pretty. I love your pearl border. They look perfect. Good job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%