Mmf

Decorating By Chickie1971 Updated 15 Aug 2005 , 1:42pm by Chickie1971

Chickie1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chickie1971 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 12

I am very new to Cake Central and I was wondering if you could tell me what MMF is??? I have never heard of this until I joined this website.
Thanks icon_surprised.gif

11 replies
mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 12
Chickie1971 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks so much Mixee....Have you ever used it???

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 12

I've used it many times.When I used wilton's fondant,My five year old said"Mom you made some bad icing"lol.But he loves the MMF.

Chickie1971 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 12

I also used the regular fondant by Wilton and was very upset with it, just because after you decorate something so pretty you have to take it off to eat it, because it taste so bad.

Yeah I'm sure he does love that Marshmallow fondant....what kid or person wouldn't..lol. Sounds good to me and I haven't even tried it yet.

Mixee, Thanks so much for the link to the recipe, it sounds very easy to make. Thanks to everyone!!!!

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 12

I love the stuff...I have only made it twice and I find it hard to roll out once it has sat...but they say to microwave for 5-10 secs...which I didn't do...so that might help...the stuff tastes really good too. I would say easily most of the people @ CakeCentral use MMF for their fondant. Wilton Fondant is the worst stuff. blech!

I have also heard rave reviews about Satin Ice Fondant. I personally have never tried it though. http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/prodcake.aspx?T=1&productId=626503

Mixee

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 12:17am
post #7 of 12

Ok...so I just tried to make MMF...what a mess! haha I tasted it and it's good but man is it fussy! It's in the fridge right now so hopefully i will be able to roll it !

jdogga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdogga Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 1:48am
post #8 of 12

ok...it's easy to roll but a pain to make! Tastes WAY better though so maybe it's worth it!

Meeka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meeka Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 12:08am
post #9 of 12

I made my first batch today, it's does taste good! I'll roll it out on a cake and take it to work for the taste testers to try on Monday.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 12:22am
post #10 of 12

It's really not too bad to work with .. just remember to use plenty of cornstarch OR Crisco in the area you're working in .. lift, dust or rub Crisco really well as you're rolling it out .. otherwise, it will stick and you'll have a mess .. then you'll have to start all over again ... I really like the look as well as the taste of MMF icon_smile.gif

Newbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 5:49am
post #11 of 12

What about storage for MMF cake? I made my first one today - it's beautiful but I realized I don't have my camera until Monday! I want to keep it refrigerated until then. I've read about fondant and refrideration - sounds like a bad idea. Is MMF any better or worse when refrigerated?

Chickie1971 Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 1:42pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you everyone for all the ideas about MMF.
Mixee thanks also for the other receipe for Satin Fondant.
I will have to try them both.

Ntertayneme thanks for the reminder on the extra crisco and cornstarch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%