Need Some Help Asap

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 2:13am by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 5

Ok I am making a bridal shower cake. I did the bottom tier petal pan - 12" then on top of that is a 9" round and 6" round on top of that. Bottom tier I did swags and some drop pearls underneath. What do I do on the other top tiers? Would cornelli lace look stupid? I have the diamond impression mat sitting here starring at me and I am afraid to use it. Would this look alright? Or should i just do swiss dots with the fondant pearls? I am sorry but I am desperate and I have no clue what to do.

4 replies
DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:06am
post #2 of 5

I love swiss dots, diamonds and pearls.

-Debbie B.

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

are you using buttercream? and if you are couldnt you try either and if not right wipe away and start over ? what about some scroll work would that be too much but incorporate some pearl drops.( not proper ones but something plainer but similar) to tie the two tiers together... hmmm still thinking on the other tier maybe then you could do just the swiss dots on the top tier

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:10am
post #4 of 5

I would do the Diamond impression mat and then if you want to add to pearls to the corner of each diamond I use the mat all the time don't know if you can see it on my pictures I had some close ups but they were deleted why are you scared to use it ?

Molly

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:13am
post #5 of 5

I tried the impression mat and I screwed it up. One part looked really nice. I ended up doing cornelli lace and then pearls on the top layer. This cake was just a disaster anyways. My house is so hot and AC is cranking! When I have more time I am going to practice with the impression mat on a practice cake. I think I am just trying to hurry because its getting late. Thanks for the ideas I really appreciate it. I have a practice cake this weekend for a BBQ I will try to use the impression mat then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%