Please Help!

Business By Cascades Updated 9 Aug 2008 , 5:52pm by FromScratch

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 4

Bride wants a quote for chocolate covered strawberries. I am doing her cake next week and she just asked for a quote for plain chocolate covered strawberries (60). Have no idea what to charge.

Thanks
Cascades

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 4

You have to check to see how much the strawberries are going to cost you, then go from there, The going rate for a chocolate dipped strawberry around here is about $2.50/berry for a nice size berry.

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 4

I charge per pound instead of per berry. Since I pay the same price no matter what size the berry is, they may get some small and some large berries, but I'm not wasting my money with a bunch of leftover small berries just so I can give them 60 perfect berries.

I would probably do 3lbs and I know I'm usually cheaper than everyone else but I'd charge about $40 for that. They're really not that difficult to make.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 4

I charge $3 per berry (plain chocolate dipped) when they are in season and double when they are not. I tend to not do them in the off season since the berries are so unpredictable. You have to take into consideration the excess you will incur trying to get 60 perfect berries. And you have to make them as close to delivery as possible since they don't keep very long. The night before is as early as I would do them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%